No more! Because we SASO.
YOU HAVE THE POWER TO HEAL AND TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE........
YOU HAVE THE POWER TO HEAL AND TRANSFORM YOU WORLD.......
For Friends, Family and Professionals
You have the power to….
…. be a First Responder
The support and understanding of friends and people in a position of trust can be very helpful to a sexual assault victim. Many victims worry about how their family, friends, and others will react. It is important to let the victim know right away that you care and want to help. There are some specific things you can do that can positively influence a survivor’s healing process.
- Listen to survivor and protect their privacy
- Tell them “It’s not your fault” and “I believe you”
- Empower them to make their own choices
- Refer them to SASO’s hotline or to medical attention, police or therapist
- Let them know there is Hope that they can heal
- For further information, go to the Supporting a Loved One page
SASO offers periodic First Responder trainings to help friends, family and the general public understand the dynamics of sexual assault and oppression and how to best respond to a disclosure of sexual assault. See Training/Events for more information on upcoming trainings.