No more! Because we SASO.
YOU HAVE THE POWER TO HEAL AND TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE........
YOU HAVE THE POWER TO HEAL AND TRANSFORM YOU WORLD.......
Services for Men
Websites for male survivors:
www.malesurvivor.org -Committed to preventing, healing, and eliminating all forms of sexual victimization of boys and men through support, treatment, research, education, advocacy, and activism.
http://www.malesurvivor.org/myths.html -Myths about male sexual assault
www.1in6.org- Helping men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences in childhood live healthier, happier lives.
www.snapnetwork.org – Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests
RAINN- information and education of different types of male sexual assault
Brown University Health Services-Information on sexual assault & dating violence.
http://www.ccasa.org/for-survivors/ -Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault: Collection of Resources
Websites for male allies:
- www.mencanstoprape.org - Mobilizing male youth to prevent men's violence against women. We build young men's capacity to challenge harmful aspects of traditional masculinity, to value alternative visions of male strength, and to embrace their vital role as allies with women and girls in fostering healthy relationships and gender equity
- www.mensworkinc.com – A collective of men working to educate, mobilize and organize men to prevent all forms of sexual and domestic violence, based in Louisville, KY.
- www.menagainstsexualviolence.org - Men Against Sexual Violence (MASV) is one of the nation’s first campaigns that enlists men to work collaboratively with women in the effort to end sexual violence, and is located in Pennsylvania.
- http://menstandup.blogspot.com – A program of Moving to End Sexual Assault (MESA), in Boulder, CO.
- www.voicesofmen.org – A one-man play working to end men’s violence against women.
- www.justdetention.org – A health and human rights organization that seeks to end sexual abuse in all forms of detention.
Books available in SASO’s library:
- Victims No Longer: The Classic Guide for Men Recovering from Sexual Child Abuse – Mike Lew
- Gay Men and Childhood Sexual Trauma: Integrating the Shattered Self – James Cassese
- The Macho Paradox: Why Some Men Hurt Women and How All Men Can Help – Jackson Katz
- Boys and Men Healing: From Child and Sexual Abuse – Kathy Barbini & Simon Weinberg, A Big Voice Pictures Production 2010
- Tough Guise: Violence, Media, and the Crisis in Masculinity - Jackson Katz, The Media Education Foundation 2002 – Available in SASO’s library.